MEIC acted as Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage on the Tarbert Sewerage Scheme, Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade, Advance Collection System Works. The works formed part of an upgrade/extension to the existing sewer network collection system and the construction of a new wastewater treatment plant for the village of Tarbert.
This contract involved the removal/replacement of:
- 230 linear metres of 150mm diameter HDPE rising main
- 35 linear metres of 80mm diameter HDPE rising main
- Pipe bursting 500m linear metres of 150mm diameter sewers and upsizing to a HDPE 250mm diameter sewer along the Ballylongford Road.
- 55 linear metres up-sizing from 150mm diameter sewers to uPVC twin wall 300mm diameter sewer.
- 160 linear metres of new 225mm diameter uPVC twin wall sewer in common trench with 150mm diameter HDPE rising main along Bridewell Street.
- 230 linear metres of new 225mm diameter uPVC twin wall sewer along Church Street.
- 2 no. Bridge Crossings over River/Streams (Ferry Road and Harold Bridge).
- 10 no. new manholes
- 10 no. manhole rehabilitation works
- 70 no. service connections (Approximately)
- Sewer rehabilitation associated works
- Protection of existing boundary walls in public areas and residential areas during the construction works.
- Protection of existing services during the construction works
- All temporary and permanent reinstatement to public roads, footpaths in connection with the construction works.
- Prevention of pollution to the existing streams.
- Traffic management