Rapid Build Schools Programme Portlaoise
In line with our growth targets. MEIC have been successful in securing new projects in the building sector in Ireland. MEIC have been awarded the construction of two new school projects to the value of ?12.3 million. These projects come under the Department of Education national Rapid Build Schools Programme 2017-2019 and MEIC are one of the limited approved contractors in this Supply Chain to deliver these projects within this Framework.
The works on these projects include;
St Francis Special School Community College and Community Facility, Portlaoise;
- Carry out the demolition of existing two-storey school building including all remnants of prefabricated buildings and associated foundations, services with a total floor area of 1,720m3.
- Provision of a new two-storey 12-classroom special needs school, including staff and pupil facilities and ancillary spaces, floor area 2912m3. Works include associated site works, landscaping with hard and soft play areas, boundary walls and railings, new vehicular and pedestrian access point and associated set down for 44 car parking spaces.
Maynooth Educate Together National School, Maynooth;
- Phase 1A: 1,820m2 two storey 8 classroom primary school building with a 495m2 special education two-classroom single storey wing including all M&E, C&S and associated site works and landscaping.
- Phase 1B: the demolition of the existing temporary two-storey school on site following completion & occupation of the new build delivered in Phase 1A.
- Phase 2: the provision of a new 855m2 two-storey 8 classroom extension with ancillary spaces connected to Phase 1 in the location of the demolished existing temporary school building including all associated site works at Maynooth Educate Together NS.