The project consisted of a distributor road of approximately 4km length. The alignment runs from R126 Hearse Road on the southwest of Donabate village, heading in an easterly direction, crossing the Dublin-Belfast railway line, then heading in a northerly direction to reconnect with R126 Portrane Road. Construction of the scheme consisted of constructing the distributor road as a single carriageway for the entire length.
There is a bridge over the Dublin-Belfast railway line which was constructed for a full dual carriageway development of the scheme.
The associated works include:
- The construction of approximately 4km of single carriageway road;
- Construction and realignment of affected side roads along with associated junctions;
- Construction of bridge over Dublin-Belfast railway line;
- Site clearance;
- Excavations for roadworks and drainage;
- Embankment construction;
- Traffic management;
- The provision of safety barriers and pedestrian guardrails;
- The construction of noise barriers;
- The construction of drainage, including chambers, drains, filter drains, swales, headwalls, culverts and attenuation ponds;
- The provision of road markings, traffic signage and lighting;
- The provision of traffic signals;
- The installation of ducting for service provisions and relocations and the diversion of existing services that are affected by the works;
- Pavement construction, including tie-ins to existing public roads;
- The construction of boundary treatments and fencing;
- Associated earthworks and landscape works
- Accommodation works
- Watermain and Foul Sewer construction.