The works included:
- Cleaning of the underside of the bridge and removal of spalled or defective concrete using hydro-demolition.
- Addition on extra reinforcement bars in the reinforced concrete beams where required.
- Treatment of exposed reinforcement bars with a patent rust inhibitor.
- Spray applying areas of the soffit that have suffered spalling with a patent gunite mortar.
- Cleaning both reinforced concrete parapets using a hydro-blast system and repairing any spalled or damaged concrete.
- Scour repairs to a number of piers outlined.
- Carriageway resurfacing
- Removal of vegetation across entire structure