Four Roscommon Regional Water Supply Scheme DBO Contract
MEIC Ltd were appointed as the Main Civil Specialist for the Four Roscommon Regional Water Supply Scheme.? Construction commenced in April 2014.
The Four Roscommon RWSS DBO Contract involves the design, construction and operation and maintenance of 5 No. Water Treatment Plants ranging in size from 61m3/hr to 318m3/hr.
The Contract included 5 No. Water Treatment Plant within Four Regional Water Supply Schemes, as follows:
- South Roscommon Regional Water Supply Scheme (SRRWSS) Lisbrock and Killeglan WTPs.
- Roscommon Central Regional Water Supply Scheme (RCRWSS) Ballinagard WTP.
- Boyle Ardcarne Regional Water Supply Scheme (BARWSS) Rockingham WTP.
- Arigna Regional Water Supply Scheme (ARWSS) Ballyfarnon WTP.
The general scope of works and objective of the Contract is outlined as follows:
- Development of the production wells/springs including chambers, pumps, rising mains to the WTP and associated telemetry.
- The development of Hughestown wellfield including the production wells & chambers, control building and pump house.
- The provision of five Water Treatment Plants and associated water pumping facilities in four out of five WTPs.
- The provision of a booster pumping station at Rockhill (ARWSS).
- Review and upgrading of existing infrastructure