Contract Allocation and O&M Engineer Responsibilities
Each Engineer has been assigned ownership of certain bundled or contracted WTP’s or WwTP’s. It is the Engineers responsibility to ensure the quality and quantity of any treated water produced or final effluent treated is within specification, and that each of the assigned sites, their contents and individual process’ are maintained as required. The Engineer is the first point of contact for the WTP/WwTP Plant Operator in terms of any site process/assets/consumables/spares issues. Also, the Engineer has to ensure that all site HSQE measures inc SOP’s/SOPP’s are being adhered to, as well as monitoring of Energy usage and implementation of energy efficient measures.
All O&M Engineers should work in conjunction with each other and may be required to undertake duties at various WTP’s / WwTP’s both within and outside of assigned bundles/contracts. It is the Engineers responsibility to ensure that their dedicated bundles/contracts are covered by the O&M team members while on scheduled/unscheduled leave or days off duty.
Normal Duties – Working Hours
• SCADA maintenance, checks and reporting observed issues to the Plant Operators & O&M Manager
• Client Monthly Status Reports – Refer to SOP-19-067-G How to Complete Monthly Status Reports (Client Group Water Scheme GWS) and SOP-19-068-G How to Complete Monthly Status Reports (Client Irish Water.
• Client Quarterly Payment Applications – Refer to SOP-19-064-G How to Complete a NFGWS Payment
• Quarterly reporting and attending Client LMC meetings
• Ownership and maintenance of the contract SharePoint O&M Site, Microsoft Teams & Glan Agua shared drive folders where applicable.
• Assist Plant Operators with the WTP/WwTP Maintenance Planning and execution, including scheduling specialist trades as required.
• Procurement of site consumables/spares within contract budgets
• Scheduling/Implementation of HSQE/Process/Energy site audits
• Documenting/Scheduling/Implementation of specific tasks/projects with Plant Operators and Specialist
• Any equipment or process faults that cannot be rectified within the O&M team, must be reported and
addressed with the members of the Process, Commissioning, Mechanical and/or Electrical teams.
• Design and maintain the contract on call Rota.
• Deliver the CRF (Capital Replacement Fund) projects when & where applicable.
• Contract Energy usage and improvement projects are to be managed and implemented while coordinating with the Energy team.
• All major issues are to be communicated to the assigned O&M Manager via email.
• Emergency escalations are to be communicated by phone.
Emergency Duties – Outside of Working Hours
While it is the Plant Operators responsibility to monitor the WTP/WwTP’s outside of normal working hours, there may be occasions where the Engineers site assistance is required to ensure operation of the WTP/WwTP’s are maintained at the standard required.